Tuesday, May 27, 2008

USAirways Boarding Mayhem

I just love when airline employees don't care. I've heard it said more than once that USAir's customer service motto is "we're not happy until you're not happy." They must have been delighted today. Flying JFK-PHX, they start boarding the pre-boards. Everyone, and this is of course a nearly full plane, makes for the gate. First class boards. People at the back of the line, evidently tired of waiting, form their own line to the right of the original line, rearranging the boarding lanes to get to the front. The gate agent not only doesn't stop this, she just begins processing people from the new line. Second gate agent comes over to help, asking "who are we boarding?" Despite the fact that they had made no announcements whatsover after first class, the agent says "groups 1-4."

The good news, I suppose, is that the plane was a little early. Also, more kudos for Clear. Security lines were longer than usual -- post holiday weekend, I imagine -- but my time in line was under a minute, and that long only because it took me three tries to get my fingerprint to read properly.

No comments: